The name VILLA CASABIANCA 1573 derives from the white plaster that characterized its main facades, giving it that shimmering look, typical of central Italian country residences from the 1500 - 1600 period.
The actual construction date of the Villa is uncertain, however its history dates back to the land register of 1573, in which the Casabianca (that also gave name to the locality), is shown to have belonged to the Reverend Apostolic Chamber, an ancient organisation that was at the Head of all financial, legislative and judiciary administrations of the Papal State.
Its task was to send Prelates, Bishops and Cardinals to collect taxes and to control the territory in times of skirmishes between the Papal State and the independent territories.
The Vatican State owned the property for approximately three centuries, as stated in the “Fondo Catasti”(land register) which is stored in the State Archive in Camerino, in which there is a map dated 1742 representing the house with the garden and allotment.
At the beginning of the 19th century the Casabianca was purchased by Count Severino Servanzi Collio of San Severino, Great Nephew of Count Monaldo, father of the famous poet Giacomo Leopardi.
Passed down through the ages to the descendants of Count Severino the Casabianca remained the same for the entire 20th century. During the 1980’s it was sold from the Countess Miliani Maria Grazia Francisci Collio to the Casoni family of Castelraimondo.